"I think it would be great to organize or host an English SBG forum for those who have been working in the 'field' of study..." -HS English TeacherMarch 22:
- April 20th date set - advertised via email and Twitter. The LA SBG summit is born.
- It became pretty clear that this was going to be a bigger deal than we anticipated. We were going to need a tool more powerful than Skype to bring everyone together. Solicited assistance from a friend and ended up borrowing an Adobe Connect Pro license so teachers from around the country could present, listen and participate.
I count 32 attendees at LA #sbar summit in Solon, Iowa #solonscd. Several virtual attendees, too.
— msnielsen (@spartannielsen) April 20, 2012
- All three hours of the summit were video recorded for future viewing.
- Thanks to Russ, Amy, Doug, Ken, Brad, Jim and Rebecca for sharing your implementation tips, struggles and successes!
- Charles Barniskis, HS English Dept. Chair at Minnetonka HS, was unable to join us, however he was able to answer some questions earlier in the day. (Nice work, Nathan!)
- Resources posted including grade book screen shots, rubrics and parent communication letters.
- Shawn couldn't make it, however he posted his thoughts on some of the summit's key questions.