A really great conversation started on Twitter between @druinok and @russgoerend. Twitter allows (encourages?!) those of us lurking on the outside to unashamedly join the conversation with a few clicks of the mouse, so I did. It started something like this:
- You're giving standards-based grading a try for the first time this year, OR
- You're continuing to tweak the standards-based grading system you used last year...
- Does it make sense to move on?
- Does it ever make sense to move on when students don't understand the big ideas?
- Should re-assessments always be optional? In other words, if our magic number is two assessments, why not a third?